Fake notes worth Rs 1.82 lakh seized, two held
Nashik: Two youths were arrested and fake notes worth Rs 1.82 lakh recovered from their possession at Peint near Hutatma Smarak here, police said on Tuesday.
Police intercepted two youths hailing from Nashik - Damu Mahadu Kadale (32) and Khandu Pite (28) - yesterday and seized 1,821 fake currency notes, all in the denomination of 100.
While conducting a checking of vehicles, police found the two men walking in a suspicious manner and intercepted them.
On search, police seized a plastic bag from them containing the fake notes, allegedly printed by them through a computer, they added.
Investigation into matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred