Fake notes worth Rs 1.82 lakh seized, two held
Nashik: Two youths were arrested and fake notes worth Rs 1.82 lakh recovered from their possession at Peint near Hutatma Smarak here, police said on Tuesday.
Police intercepted two youths hailing from Nashik - Damu Mahadu Kadale (32) and Khandu Pite (28) - yesterday and seized 1,821 fake currency notes, all in the denomination of 100.
While conducting a checking of vehicles, police found the two men walking in a suspicious manner and intercepted them.
On search, police seized a plastic bag from them containing the fake notes, allegedly printed by them through a computer, they added.
Investigation into matter was on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane