Four accused in Navy paper leak remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Friday remanded four persons, including two Navy officials, to judicial custody till October 20 in connection with the defence examination paper leak case.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of CBI had on September 26 arrested four persons- R C Naik and D S Murthi, administrative officers of Western and Eastern Naval Command, Rambhir Singh Rawat, a former sailor and owner of Manasa International Defence recruitment agency in Vishakapatnam and a teacher Hoshiyar Singh.
Subsequently, a naval commander RC Saini was also arrested. All the five persons have been accused of leaking the question paper of the lower division clerk examination to
over 130 candidates.
While Saini is in CBI custody till October 13, special CBI Judge N P Dhote on Friday remanded the other four accused in judicial custody after rejecting CBI`s plea for extension of their police custody for two more days.
The court would hear the bail pleas of the four accused on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout
- Italy, Netherlands offer to share UN council seat