Four accused in Navy paper leak remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Friday remanded four persons, including two Navy officials, to judicial custody till October 20 in connection with the defence examination paper leak case.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of CBI had on September 26 arrested four persons- R C Naik and D S Murthi, administrative officers of Western and Eastern Naval Command, Rambhir Singh Rawat, a former sailor and owner of Manasa International Defence recruitment agency in Vishakapatnam and a teacher Hoshiyar Singh.
Subsequently, a naval commander RC Saini was also arrested. All the five persons have been accused of leaking the question paper of the lower division clerk examination to
over 130 candidates.
While Saini is in CBI custody till October 13, special CBI Judge N P Dhote on Friday remanded the other four accused in judicial custody after rejecting CBI`s plea for extension of their police custody for two more days.
The court would hear the bail pleas of the four accused on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America