Four accused in Navy paper leak remanded in judicial custody
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Friday remanded four persons, including two Navy officials, to judicial custody till October 20 in connection with the defence examination paper leak case.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of CBI had on September 26 arrested four persons- R C Naik and D S Murthi, administrative officers of Western and Eastern Naval Command, Rambhir Singh Rawat, a former sailor and owner of Manasa International Defence recruitment agency in Vishakapatnam and a teacher Hoshiyar Singh.
Subsequently, a naval commander RC Saini was also arrested. All the five persons have been accused of leaking the question paper of the lower division clerk examination to
over 130 candidates.
While Saini is in CBI custody till October 13, special CBI Judge N P Dhote on Friday remanded the other four accused in judicial custody after rejecting CBI`s plea for extension of their police custody for two more days.
The court would hear the bail pleas of the four accused on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today