Governor`s help sought to bring Dabholkar`s killers to justice
Mumbai: A 10-member delegation of various political leaders and activists on Tuesday sought the Maharashtra Governor`s intervention to bring the killers of renowned rationalist and activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar to justice.
A delegation comprising Prakash Ambedkar, ND Patil, MLC Kapil Patil and CPI`s Prakash Reddy met Governor K Sankaranarayanan at the Raj Bhavan, Mumbai under the banner of `Samyukta Nirdhar Parishad`.
The Governor assured the delegation that he would discuss the issue with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Complaining that the Maharashtra government had failed to trace and apprehend those responsible for Dabholkar`s assassination even after 15 days, the delegation requested the Governor to urge the government to institute a special inquiry into the matter.
Ambedkar also requested the Governor to convene a special sitting of the Maharashtra state legislature to discuss the Anti-Superstition Bill, a Raj Bhavan spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday