Governor`s help sought to bring Dabholkar`s killers to justice
Mumbai: A 10-member delegation of various political leaders and activists on Tuesday sought the Maharashtra Governor`s intervention to bring the killers of renowned rationalist and activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar to justice.
A delegation comprising Prakash Ambedkar, ND Patil, MLC Kapil Patil and CPI`s Prakash Reddy met Governor K Sankaranarayanan at the Raj Bhavan, Mumbai under the banner of `Samyukta Nirdhar Parishad`.
The Governor assured the delegation that he would discuss the issue with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Complaining that the Maharashtra government had failed to trace and apprehend those responsible for Dabholkar`s assassination even after 15 days, the delegation requested the Governor to urge the government to institute a special inquiry into the matter.
Ambedkar also requested the Governor to convene a special sitting of the Maharashtra state legislature to discuss the Anti-Superstition Bill, a Raj Bhavan spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'