Governor`s help sought to bring Dabholkar`s killers to justice
Mumbai: A 10-member delegation of various political leaders and activists on Tuesday sought the Maharashtra Governor`s intervention to bring the killers of renowned rationalist and activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar to justice.
A delegation comprising Prakash Ambedkar, ND Patil, MLC Kapil Patil and CPI`s Prakash Reddy met Governor K Sankaranarayanan at the Raj Bhavan, Mumbai under the banner of `Samyukta Nirdhar Parishad`.
The Governor assured the delegation that he would discuss the issue with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
Complaining that the Maharashtra government had failed to trace and apprehend those responsible for Dabholkar`s assassination even after 15 days, the delegation requested the Governor to urge the government to institute a special inquiry into the matter.
Ambedkar also requested the Governor to convene a special sitting of the Maharashtra state legislature to discuss the Anti-Superstition Bill, a Raj Bhavan spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter