Groom, parents arrested for demanding dowry in Maha
Thane: A prospective groom and his parents were arrested for allegedly demanding dowry when the marriage ceremony was just about to begin at a wedding hall in Dombivili township of Thane district, police said on Monday.
Pravin Prakash Bane (28) was scheduled to get married yesterday to the girl whom he loved.
However, he and his parents allegedly demanded Rs 2 lakh from the girl`s parents even as both the sides had assembled at a marriage hall to begin the wedding ceremony, Vishnu Nagar police station assistant sub-inspector Maruti Bhor said.
When the groom and his family refused to budge from their demand, the irked relatives of the bride then caught hold of the groom, a software engineer, and thrashed him before taking him and his parents to the police station.
Later, a complaint was lodged following which Pravin and his parents - Prakash Bane and Chayyan Bane - were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!