Groom, parents arrested for demanding dowry in Maha
Thane: A prospective groom and his parents were arrested for allegedly demanding dowry when the marriage ceremony was just about to begin at a wedding hall in Dombivili township of Thane district, police said on Monday.
Pravin Prakash Bane (28) was scheduled to get married yesterday to the girl whom he loved.
However, he and his parents allegedly demanded Rs 2 lakh from the girl`s parents even as both the sides had assembled at a marriage hall to begin the wedding ceremony, Vishnu Nagar police station assistant sub-inspector Maruti Bhor said.
When the groom and his family refused to budge from their demand, the irked relatives of the bride then caught hold of the groom, a software engineer, and thrashed him before taking him and his parents to the police station.
Later, a complaint was lodged following which Pravin and his parents - Prakash Bane and Chayyan Bane - were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'