Groom, parents arrested for demanding dowry in Maha
Thane: A prospective groom and his parents were arrested for allegedly demanding dowry when the marriage ceremony was just about to begin at a wedding hall in Dombivili township of Thane district, police said on Monday.
Pravin Prakash Bane (28) was scheduled to get married yesterday to the girl whom he loved.
However, he and his parents allegedly demanded Rs 2 lakh from the girl`s parents even as both the sides had assembled at a marriage hall to begin the wedding ceremony, Vishnu Nagar police station assistant sub-inspector Maruti Bhor said.
When the groom and his family refused to budge from their demand, the irked relatives of the bride then caught hold of the groom, a software engineer, and thrashed him before taking him and his parents to the police station.
Later, a complaint was lodged following which Pravin and his parents - Prakash Bane and Chayyan Bane - were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj