Hardcore woman naxalite arrested in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A young woman naxalite, who is facing 62 criminal charges and against whom 22 non-bailable warrants have been issued, has been arrested in a swift operation in Gadchiroli naxal hotbed of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
Identified as Vasanti alias Savita Pandu Potem, the 25-year-old joined the naxal movement in 2004 and was Dalam Commander in Ganglur in Bijapur district in neighbouring Chhattisgarh between 2006 and 2010.
Her husband Madhu was also a hardcore naxalite and operated in Andhra Pradesh. He died in 2006.
Vasanti was produced before a court in Gadchiroli and was handed over to Bijapur Police yesterday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez