Hardcore woman naxalite arrested in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A young woman naxalite, who is facing 62 criminal charges and against whom 22 non-bailable warrants have been issued, has been arrested in a swift operation in Gadchiroli naxal hotbed of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
Identified as Vasanti alias Savita Pandu Potem, the 25-year-old joined the naxal movement in 2004 and was Dalam Commander in Ganglur in Bijapur district in neighbouring Chhattisgarh between 2006 and 2010.
Her husband Madhu was also a hardcore naxalite and operated in Andhra Pradesh. He died in 2006.
Vasanti was produced before a court in Gadchiroli and was handed over to Bijapur Police yesterday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss