Hardcore woman naxalite arrested in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A young woman naxalite, who is facing 62 criminal charges and against whom 22 non-bailable warrants have been issued, has been arrested in a swift operation in Gadchiroli naxal hotbed of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
Identified as Vasanti alias Savita Pandu Potem, the 25-year-old joined the naxal movement in 2004 and was Dalam Commander in Ganglur in Bijapur district in neighbouring Chhattisgarh between 2006 and 2010.
Her husband Madhu was also a hardcore naxalite and operated in Andhra Pradesh. He died in 2006.
Vasanti was produced before a court in Gadchiroli and was handed over to Bijapur Police yesterday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise