Hardcore woman naxalite arrested in Maharashtra
Nagpur: A young woman naxalite, who is facing 62 criminal charges and against whom 22 non-bailable warrants have been issued, has been arrested in a swift operation in Gadchiroli naxal hotbed of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
Identified as Vasanti alias Savita Pandu Potem, the 25-year-old joined the naxal movement in 2004 and was Dalam Commander in Ganglur in Bijapur district in neighbouring Chhattisgarh between 2006 and 2010.
Her husband Madhu was also a hardcore naxalite and operated in Andhra Pradesh. He died in 2006.
Vasanti was produced before a court in Gadchiroli and was handed over to Bijapur Police yesterday, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali