Hasan Ali ill, says lawyer, jailor says he is fine
Mumbai: The lawyer of Hasan Ali Khan, who is
lodged in Arthur Road jail in a money laundering case, on Saturday said the Pune-based stud farm owner has suffered a paralytic
attack but jail authorities dismissed his claim, saying he is
"I had gone to jail to take his signature on a petition
when I found his right leg and hand were not functioning. Khan
says he suffered a paralytic attack. Strangely, the doctors in
the jail have administered an injection instead of rushing him
to hospital," Khan`s lawyer IP Bagadia said.
However, jail authorities rubbished the claim that Khan
has suffered a paralytic stroke.
"As per sessions court orders, Khan is taken to state-run
JJ Hospital (every day) since the last four days. Today also,
he was taken to hospital for two hours from 10.30 am. He
walked easily and if he was not well, doctors would not have
allowed him to go and admitted him in the hospital," AC Rane,
Arthur Road jail superintendent, said.
Khan is facing charges of stashing away billions of
dollars in foreign banks and has been slapped with a demand
notice of close to Rs 70,000 crore by Income Tax department.
The court had ordered the jail authorities to take Khan
to hospital for a check-up on a regular basis as he was unwell
but the police were not abiding by the orders, Bagadia
"If the police behave in this way, then Khan will not
survive for more than a month. He immediately requires medical
attention," Bagadia claimed.
The lawyer said an application would be moved in the
sessions court on Monday seeking directions to the police to
provide immediate medical treatment to Khan.
"If required, we will also move a higher court and human
rights organisations over the apathy of police towards Khan,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price