Hotelier firing case: Production warrant against Rajan aide
Mumbai: A local court on Monday issued a production warrant against underworld don Chhota Rajan`s aide Rohit Tangapan, the alleged shooter of senior scribe J Dey, in a firing case involving a hotelier.
"The court has issued the production warrant and we will arrest Rohit Tangapan alias Satish Kaliya soon", said Ambadas Pote, DCP (Crime).
Hotelier BR Shetty was fired at on October 3 by unidentified assailants near Infinity Mall in suburban Andheri.
Crime Branch sources said they suspected the shooters could be Kaliya`s men.
On October 21, the Crime Branch had arrested property dealer Nityanand Nayak who allegedly gave information to shooters on Shetty`s location.
Kaliya was earlier arrested for allegedly bumping off Dey on instructions of Chhota Rajan.
The senior journalist was shot dead in suburban Powai on June 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP