Hotelier firing case: Production warrant against Rajan aide
Mumbai: A local court on Monday issued a production warrant against underworld don Chhota Rajan`s aide Rohit Tangapan, the alleged shooter of senior scribe J Dey, in a firing case involving a hotelier.
"The court has issued the production warrant and we will arrest Rohit Tangapan alias Satish Kaliya soon", said Ambadas Pote, DCP (Crime).
Hotelier BR Shetty was fired at on October 3 by unidentified assailants near Infinity Mall in suburban Andheri.
Crime Branch sources said they suspected the shooters could be Kaliya`s men.
On October 21, the Crime Branch had arrested property dealer Nityanand Nayak who allegedly gave information to shooters on Shetty`s location.
Kaliya was earlier arrested for allegedly bumping off Dey on instructions of Chhota Rajan.
The senior journalist was shot dead in suburban Powai on June 11, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’