I am overwhelmed: Uddhav on civic poll results
Mumbai: Expressing satisfaction over the
results of civic polls in Mumbai and elsewhere in Maharashtra,
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray told reporters
outside Matoshri residence in suburban Bandra on Friday afternoon
that he was "overwhelmed".
"I thank people for reposing faith in me and my party.
Today is a good day. Let me celebrate it. I am overwhelmed,"
Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance has emerged as the biggest
group in the Mumbai corporation and is likely to retain the
power. The grouping has got similar success in the
neighbouring Thane city.
"I don`t want to comment on what the CM has said (now). I
want to celebrate this win," Uddhav said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had said during the
campaign that Shiv Sena would become inconsequential after the
results of Mumbai polls.
This was not a small victory, Uddhav said. "Congress and
NCP were united against us, yet we managed the win," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli