I am overwhelmed: Uddhav on civic poll results
Mumbai: Expressing satisfaction over the
results of civic polls in Mumbai and elsewhere in Maharashtra,
Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray told reporters
outside Matoshri residence in suburban Bandra on Friday afternoon
that he was "overwhelmed".
"I thank people for reposing faith in me and my party.
Today is a good day. Let me celebrate it. I am overwhelmed,"
Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI alliance has emerged as the biggest
group in the Mumbai corporation and is likely to retain the
power. The grouping has got similar success in the
neighbouring Thane city.
"I don`t want to comment on what the CM has said (now). I
want to celebrate this win," Uddhav said.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had said during the
campaign that Shiv Sena would become inconsequential after the
results of Mumbai polls.
This was not a small victory, Uddhav said. "Congress and
NCP were united against us, yet we managed the win," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog