Industrialist`s kidnapped son found killed
Nagpur: The body of a well-known industrialist`s eight-year-old son, who was kidnapped four days ago, was found in a water tank here on Saturday morning, police said.
Kush Kataria, son of Prashant Kataria, one of the owners of Suruchi Spices Pvt Ltd, was abducted while he was playing outside his house in the posh Wardhaman Nagar area on Tuesday.
The incident was not noticed for around an hour. It only came to light when the abductors called at the Kataria residence, demanding a ransom of Rs 20 million.
Police say they have no information whether any ransom amount was paid or not.
Police have detained a man living in Katarias` neighbourhood as the prime suspect.
"There are several head injuries which appear to have been inflicted by a stone," police officer Anil Choudhary said. The body has been sent for an autopsy.
The boy`s body was found around 6.00 am from a water tank near Suryanagar locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed