Industrialist`s kidnapped son found killed
Nagpur: The body of a well-known industrialist`s eight-year-old son, who was kidnapped four days ago, was found in a water tank here on Saturday morning, police said.
Kush Kataria, son of Prashant Kataria, one of the owners of Suruchi Spices Pvt Ltd, was abducted while he was playing outside his house in the posh Wardhaman Nagar area on Tuesday.
The incident was not noticed for around an hour. It only came to light when the abductors called at the Kataria residence, demanding a ransom of Rs 20 million.
Police say they have no information whether any ransom amount was paid or not.
Police have detained a man living in Katarias` neighbourhood as the prime suspect.
"There are several head injuries which appear to have been inflicted by a stone," police officer Anil Choudhary said. The body has been sent for an autopsy.
The boy`s body was found around 6.00 am from a water tank near Suryanagar locality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics