Infant dies of pneumonia, NHRC issues notice to Maha govt
New Delhi: Taking suo motu cognisance of the death of a 3-month-old infant in Mumbai, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Thursday issued a notice to Maharashtra government seeking a report within four weeks.
The notice came in the wake of death of the baby boy who died of pneumonia after a demolition drive in the city rendered his parents without any warm clothes for next few days.
The Commission has observed that the content of the media report, if true, raised a serious issue of violation of human rights of the victim, a statement said.
The infant died due to pneumonia as his parents could not provide for clothes and blankets to cover him for two consecutive days after a demolition drive during which the raiding party confiscated clothes and blankets of evicted families, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!