Iqbal Kaskar attack: Sharp shooter held in Goa
Mumbai: Mumbai police has arrested a person suspected to be involved in the firing outside the residence of fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim`s brother Iqbal Kaskar, in which the latter`s bodyguard-cum-driver was killed.
One Umer-ur-Rehman has been arrested in connection with the firing in which Kaskar`s bodyguard-cum-driver Arif Syed Abu Bukha was killed, a crime branch official told reporters
However, the official refused to divulge details as to from when and where Rehman was arrested as well as his role in the incident. However, reports claim that the arrest has been made in Goa.
It has now been confirmed that eleven mobile phones have been recovered from his possession.
Two gunmen fired outside Kaksar`s residence on Pakmodia street in South Mumbai on May 17. Kaskar was not present at the site when the incident happened.
Bukha who had suffered six bullet injuries succumbed to his wounds before being admitted to a city hospital.
Two suspected assailants -- Syyed Ali (29), a resident of Mumbra and Indra Khatri (27), possibly from Nepal – had earlier been arrested from near J J Hospital while escaping.
Kaskar is an accused in the Sara Sahara Mall land grabbing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32