Iqbal Kaskar attack: Sharp shooter held in Goa
Mumbai: Mumbai police has arrested a person suspected to be involved in the firing outside the residence of fugitive don Dawood Ibrahim`s brother Iqbal Kaskar, in which the latter`s bodyguard-cum-driver was killed.
One Umer-ur-Rehman has been arrested in connection with the firing in which Kaskar`s bodyguard-cum-driver Arif Syed Abu Bukha was killed, a crime branch official told reporters
However, the official refused to divulge details as to from when and where Rehman was arrested as well as his role in the incident. However, reports claim that the arrest has been made in Goa.
It has now been confirmed that eleven mobile phones have been recovered from his possession.
Two gunmen fired outside Kaksar`s residence on Pakmodia street in South Mumbai on May 17. Kaskar was not present at the site when the incident happened.
Bukha who had suffered six bullet injuries succumbed to his wounds before being admitted to a city hospital.
Two suspected assailants -- Syyed Ali (29), a resident of Mumbra and Indra Khatri (27), possibly from Nepal – had earlier been arrested from near J J Hospital while escaping.
Kaskar is an accused in the Sara Sahara Mall land grabbing case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened