Journalist, wife assaulted in Mumbai, one arrested
Mumbai: A journalist and his wife were on Saturday attacked by six men after he objected to lewd remarks passed at her at Sainath Market in suburban Malad, police said.
Police arrested one person while search was on for the remaining five.
Malad police said Sanjay Prasad, a journalist with a Hindi news channel, and his wife were shopping at the market when a young man allegedly passed a lewd comment at his wife.
Prasad strongly objected and a heated argument ensued.
The young man walked away only to return with five others who attacked the couple after threatening them with dire consequences, police said.
The accused were wearing knuckle-dusters, police said.
Prasad, though bleeding, called the police who the tracked down Vijay Bahadur Singh, one of the men.
Efforts were on to trace the others, said Additional Police Commissioner Brijesh Singh.
A case has been registered under Indian Penal Code sections 354 (assaulting woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 324 (causing hurt by dangerous weapons), 506 (criminal intimidation) among others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India