Juhu rave party: 44 test positive for drugs
Mumbai: As many as 44 out of the 92 people rounded up during a high-profile rave party at a plush hotel in suburban Juhu last month have tested positive for drugs, making their arrest inevitable, police said on Friday.
"We have received samples for 46 of the 92 people who attended the sundown party at a hotel in Juhu last month. 44 of the 46 males tested positive for the drugs," said Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik, but refused to divulge their names.
The results of the other 46 people, including two IPL cricketers, Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma (both played for Pune Warriors India), and 38 women, have not been received yet, he added.
According to police, these 46 men were taken to the civic-run Cooper hospital after they were rounded up along with 46 others partying at Oakwood Premier Hotel on May 20. The rest were taken to JJ Hospital and Bhabha Hospital.
The hospitals took urine and blood samples for alcohol presence testing and the same samples were also sent to Kalina Forensic Laboratory for drug tests. The results of 46 men were received today, police said.
All those who tested positive would face arrest, another police official said, adding that the procedure to arrest would start in a day or two.
"There could be some foreigners and high-profile personalities among those who tested positive," he said.
Among the 44 who tested positive so far, 27 had consumed cannabis, one had MDMA (better known as ecstasy, a drug usually taken in pill form) while 16 had consumed MDMA as well as cannabis, according to Patnaik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?