Juhu rave party: 44 test positive for drugs
Mumbai: As many as 44 out of the 92 people rounded up during a high-profile rave party at a plush hotel in suburban Juhu last month have tested positive for drugs, making their arrest inevitable, police said on Friday.
"We have received samples for 46 of the 92 people who attended the sundown party at a hotel in Juhu last month. 44 of the 46 males tested positive for the drugs," said Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik, but refused to divulge their names.
The results of the other 46 people, including two IPL cricketers, Wayne Parnell and Rahul Sharma (both played for Pune Warriors India), and 38 women, have not been received yet, he added.
According to police, these 46 men were taken to the civic-run Cooper hospital after they were rounded up along with 46 others partying at Oakwood Premier Hotel on May 20. The rest were taken to JJ Hospital and Bhabha Hospital.
The hospitals took urine and blood samples for alcohol presence testing and the same samples were also sent to Kalina Forensic Laboratory for drug tests. The results of 46 men were received today, police said.
All those who tested positive would face arrest, another police official said, adding that the procedure to arrest would start in a day or two.
"There could be some foreigners and high-profile personalities among those who tested positive," he said.
Among the 44 who tested positive so far, 27 had consumed cannabis, one had MDMA (better known as ecstasy, a drug usually taken in pill form) while 16 had consumed MDMA as well as cannabis, according to Patnaik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral