Kasab’s hanging matter of great satisfaction: BJP
New Delhi: The principal opposition party BJP on Wednesday welcomed with great satisfaction the execution of 26/11 attack case convict Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, saying the country has send a strong message to the terror operators.
In its reaction, the main opposition party said, “Ajmal Kasab’s execution is the matter of great satisfaction for the country. By hanging him, the country has sent a strong message to the terror operators across the border.”
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, “Better late than never. Kasab’s execution has proved that those willing to create unrest in the country will not be spared.”
However, the BJP leader said that there are several other petitions pending before the President, which should be cleared as soon as possible.”
The reaction from BJP came minutes after Ajmal Kasab, the prime accused for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was hanged at Pune’s Yerawada Jail at 7:30 am.
He was hanged after President Pranab Mukherjee rejected his mercy petition.
According to reports, the petition was rejected on November 5 after which the Lashkar-e-Toiba operative was shifted from Mumbai`s Arthur Road Jail to Pune`s Yerawada Jail.
The entire process was executed in complete secrecy, television channels said.
President Mukherjee’s rejection came two months after the Union Home Ministry rejected Kasab`s mercy petition.
Kasab and nine other LeT terrorists had sailed into Mumbai on November 26, 2008 from Karachi and killed 166 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest