Kripashankar case: SIT submits probe report to court
Mumbai: A special investigation team (SIT) probing the unaccounted wealth cases against former Mumbai Congress chief Kripashankar Singh on Thursday submitted its confidential report to the Bombay High Court.
The SIT report came following Feb 22 directives of Chief Justice Mohit Shah and Justice Roshan Dalvi to Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik to probe the allegations against Singh. The ruling came on a public interest petition taken up by the court.
A former minister of state for home and presently a legislator from Kalina (Santacruz east), Singh and his family members were accused by social activist Sanjay Tiwari of possessing huge assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
Tiwari, who had filed the PIL, also accused the Congress leader of being linked to the money-laundering scams involving former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda.
The SIT report, which came three days after the Mumbai Police submitted a status report on the probe before the Supreme Court, was taken on the record by the high court here Thursday.
The developments follow a case registered against Singh and his family members Feb 28, besides raids at several properties owned by them in and around Mumbai.
Singh has been charged under various sections of the Indian Penal Code, Prevention of Corruption Act and Arms Act after a large quantity of bullets, beyond the permissible limits, were found from his house during one of the raids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof