Kripashankar threat case: Magistrate submits reports
Mumbai: A metropolitan magistrate today submitted its inquiry report against former president of Mumbai Congress Kripashankar Singh over allegations of threatening and usurping of property, levelled against him by a social worker.
In October last year, the High Court had directed an inquiry by a magistrate against Kripashankar while hearing a petition filed by one Tulsidas Nair, alleging that the politician and his son had usurped his properties worth crores in suburban Mumbai and were threatening to kill him if he did not vacate his house in suburban Kalina.
The magistrate today submitted the inquiry report in a sealed cover before a division bench of Justices A S Oka and S S Shinde which directed for copies of the report to be given to the petitioner and Kripashankar and posted the matter for further hearing on February 21.
According to Nair, Kripashankar usurped several of his properties in Kalina, Vakola and Bandra worth crores. "Since 2007, he (Kripashankar) has been sending his henchmen to my house in Kalina who assault and threaten to kill me if I continue my litigation against him," Nair said.
Kripashankar is already facing probe for amassing wealth disproportionate to his known source of income.
A special investigation team of the Economic Offences Wing of the city police had registered FIR against Kripashankar following High Court directions.
The direction was passed during the hearing of a public interest litigation filed by one Sanjay Tiwari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says