Kripashankar threat case: Magistrate submits reports
Mumbai: A metropolitan magistrate today submitted its inquiry report against former president of Mumbai Congress Kripashankar Singh over allegations of threatening and usurping of property, levelled against him by a social worker.
In October last year, the High Court had directed an inquiry by a magistrate against Kripashankar while hearing a petition filed by one Tulsidas Nair, alleging that the politician and his son had usurped his properties worth crores in suburban Mumbai and were threatening to kill him if he did not vacate his house in suburban Kalina.
The magistrate today submitted the inquiry report in a sealed cover before a division bench of Justices A S Oka and S S Shinde which directed for copies of the report to be given to the petitioner and Kripashankar and posted the matter for further hearing on February 21.
According to Nair, Kripashankar usurped several of his properties in Kalina, Vakola and Bandra worth crores. "Since 2007, he (Kripashankar) has been sending his henchmen to my house in Kalina who assault and threaten to kill me if I continue my litigation against him," Nair said.
Kripashankar is already facing probe for amassing wealth disproportionate to his known source of income.
A special investigation team of the Economic Offences Wing of the city police had registered FIR against Kripashankar following High Court directions.
The direction was passed during the hearing of a public interest litigation filed by one Sanjay Tiwari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged