Lalu Yadav to undergo heart surgery
Zee Media Bureau Mumbai: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Yadav, who is currently under medical observation in a Mumbai hospital, is likely to undergo heart surgery, reports said on Tuesday. “Laluji is fundamentally a healthy person, as can be seen from the intense campaigning he has done. Based on the preliminary reports, we can confirm that cardiac surgery is required,” said Dr. Vijay D`Silva, Medical Director, Asian Heart Institute. He further added that the date and details related to what kind of surgery is required will be finalised by the doctors after his pending medical reports are received by today evening. Meanwhile, Congress president Sonia Gandhi called up the former Bihar chief minister to ask about his health. The 66-year-old RJD leader was rushed to Mumbai`s Asian Heart Institute (AHI) yesterday for `routine` check up. He has been said to suffering from heart-related ailments, it was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city