Leaders unite across party lines to pray for MP rape victim
Nagpur: Moved by the plight of the five-year-old rape victim from Madhya Pradesh who is battling for her life in hospital here, leaders cutting across the party lines set aside their differences and offered prayers for her speedy recovery.
Condemning the rape of the minor and brutalisation of the minor old girl, the leaders from Congress, BJP, NCP and MNS took pledge to prevent such incidents, which they said were perpetrated by "mentally sick" people.
The leaders assembled near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Variety Square in busy Sitabuldi area last evening, and staged protests after offering prayers for the speedy recovery of the minor whose condition is deteriorating each passing day.
The minor, who hailed from Ghansaur town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, was allegedly raped by one, Firoz Khan, on April 17.
Prominent leaders among those who participated in the event, organised by the city Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta, were AICC general secretary and city MP Vilas Muttemwar, former BJP MP Banwarilal Purohit, MLAs Krishna Khopde and Vikas Kumbhare (both BJP), Ajay Patil (NCP), Hemant Gadkari (MNS), Shekhar Sawarbandhe (Shiv Sena) and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons