Leaders unite across party lines to pray for MP rape victim
Nagpur: Moved by the plight of the five-year-old rape victim from Madhya Pradesh who is battling for her life in hospital here, leaders cutting across the party lines set aside their differences and offered prayers for her speedy recovery.
Condemning the rape of the minor and brutalisation of the minor old girl, the leaders from Congress, BJP, NCP and MNS took pledge to prevent such incidents, which they said were perpetrated by "mentally sick" people.
The leaders assembled near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Variety Square in busy Sitabuldi area last evening, and staged protests after offering prayers for the speedy recovery of the minor whose condition is deteriorating each passing day.
The minor, who hailed from Ghansaur town in Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh, was allegedly raped by one, Firoz Khan, on April 17.
Prominent leaders among those who participated in the event, organised by the city Congress president Jaiprakash Gupta, were AICC general secretary and city MP Vilas Muttemwar, former BJP MP Banwarilal Purohit, MLAs Krishna Khopde and Vikas Kumbhare (both BJP), Ajay Patil (NCP), Hemant Gadkari (MNS), Shekhar Sawarbandhe (Shiv Sena) and others.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Lenovo ZUK Z1 to be launched in India on May 10
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016