Local train services in Mumbai, Thane delayed
Mumbai: A derailed coach and a dumper stuck at a level crossing threw local trains` schedules out of gear in Mumbai and suburban Thane, adding to the Monday morning blues of lakhs of commuters in the sprawling western megapolis.
Train delays occurred on both the western and central railway lines as a coach jumped rails on the western line, and a dumper got stuck at a level crossing on the central, officials said.
"A coach of a local train was derailed while on its way to the yard in Borivali (north Mumbai) post 2 a.m. Monday. There are no casualties there were no passengers in the train. How the coach got derailed is a matter of investigation," an official from Western Railway told IANS.
Even as the obstacle was removed early Monday, commuters were left waiting for local trains that were delayed by 15-20 minutes. However, no train services were cancelled.
The Central Railway services also were delayed as a dumper truck broke down while it was passing the level crossing near Diva in Thane district.
"It took over 15 minutes for the broken down dumper to be moved away from the tracks. This delayed the local train services on central line by 15-20 minutes," said an official from the Central Railway.
Over 35 lakh commuters avail of local train services everyday on the western line, while 36 lakh commuters travel on the central route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India