Local train services in Mumbai, Thane delayed
Mumbai: A derailed coach and a dumper stuck at a level crossing threw local trains` schedules out of gear in Mumbai and suburban Thane, adding to the Monday morning blues of lakhs of commuters in the sprawling western megapolis.
Train delays occurred on both the western and central railway lines as a coach jumped rails on the western line, and a dumper got stuck at a level crossing on the central, officials said.
"A coach of a local train was derailed while on its way to the yard in Borivali (north Mumbai) post 2 a.m. Monday. There are no casualties there were no passengers in the train. How the coach got derailed is a matter of investigation," an official from Western Railway told IANS.
Even as the obstacle was removed early Monday, commuters were left waiting for local trains that were delayed by 15-20 minutes. However, no train services were cancelled.
The Central Railway services also were delayed as a dumper truck broke down while it was passing the level crossing near Diva in Thane district.
"It took over 15 minutes for the broken down dumper to be moved away from the tracks. This delayed the local train services on central line by 15-20 minutes," said an official from the Central Railway.
Over 35 lakh commuters avail of local train services everyday on the western line, while 36 lakh commuters travel on the central route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof