Maha appeals Centre to waive off Kasab`s security bill
Mumbai: Maharashtra Home Minister R R
Patil on Wednesday said that the state government has requested
Centre to waive off a Rs 19.28 crore bill sent to it by the
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) towards reimbursing expenses
on guarding 26/11 terrorist Ajmal Kasab, lodged in the Arthur
Road jail here.
"What Kasab and his associates did is an attack not
only on Mumbai but an attack on India and it is unfair to ask
the state government alone to bear the burden," Patil told the
He was replying to a query raised by Shiv Sena member
Ramdas Kadam during a calling attention.
The Home Minister said that the state government has
been paying towards food and medical care of Kasab, besides on
the salaries of the policemen guarding him.
"Rs 5.25 crore was spent on the fullproof jail
structure where the Pakistani terrorist is lodged. Apart from
it, the government has spent Rs 34,975 on food, Rs 28,066 on
medical facility, Rs 1.22 crore on the salary disbursed to the
policemen guarding the jail where Kasab is kept," Patil said.
The ITPB was deployed in the jail in the run-up to the
26/11 trial, held in a special sessions court set up in the
In 2010, the home department sought an extension for
the deployment of the ITBP which comprised around 200
commandos, armed with sophisticated weaponry and communication
equipment, guarding Kasab 24x7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks