Maha Assembly pays tribute to Wanjale, others
Mumbai: Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Monday condoled the demise of its sitting MNS member Ramesh Wanjale who passed away last month after a massive cardiac arrest.
Wanjale was a first time MLA elected from Khadakwasala in Pune district.
Apart from Wanjale, the House also paid homage to former
minister Nakul Patil, former members Shyamrao Patil,
Dyaneshwar Khaire, Raje Satyawanrao Vishweshwarrao Atram,
Nanasaheb Tajne who passed away recently.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan moved the motion of
condolence, which was seconded by Leader of Opposition Eknath
Group leaders of all parties including Subhash Desai (Shiv Sena) spoke on the occasion.
MNS leader Bala Nandgaonkar demanded a CID probe to
determine the cause of Wanjale`s death. MNS member Ram Kadam
demanded a CBI probe and said there is a confusion as to which
hospital he had breathed his last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees