Maha Congress president meets Anna Hazare
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
president Manikrao Thakre today met Anna Hazare at Ralegan
Siddhi against the backdrop of the activist`s appeal to people
not to vote for the party during the Hisar Lok Saba bypoll.
"We have appealed to people in this polls. Congress
should be defeated as it has failed to bring Jan Lokpal Bill,"
Hazare had said.
Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi also met Hazare today. The
two met for around 20 minutes, after which Vivek mingled with
local school children, Anna`s associate Datta Awari told PTI
over phone from Ralegan Siddhi.
The actor later interacted with people from Haryana, UP
and Bihar who have come to the village to witness the work
done in watershed development, Awari said.
"Anna is likely to leave the village for his tour in
other states either on October 13 or 15," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot