Maha DGP submits inquiry report in IPS officer `ch
Mumbai: Three months after the Bombay High Court ordered an inquiry against seven senior officers, including ATS chief Rakesh Maria, for allegedly `shielding` a fellow IPS officer accused in a `cheating` case, Maharashtra DGP has filed his inquiry report.
The report was submitted yesterday in a sealed envelope before the division bench of Justices AM Khanwilkar and A R Joshi who posted the matter for hearing on July 30.
The high court had on April 17 directed the state police chief to probe the role of seven IPS officers on a petition filed by Chitra Salunkhe, former vice principal of Siddharth Law College in South Mumbai.
The petitioner had alleged that the officers "shielded" their colleague K L Bishnoi, a 1985 batch IPS officer, who is accused of clearing his final year LLB examination with the help of the then acting principal I A Inamdar, without appearing for the practical examination held on March 12, 2005.
On Salunkhe`s complaint against the duo, the seven IPS officers had conducted an inquiry into the matter.
The former vice principal later approached the high court seeking action against the senior cops alleging that they submitted "false" reports to their superiors in order to "protect" Bishnoi.
The other officers, besides Maria, facing inquiry are Additional Director Generals of Police Pankaj Gupta and Mohan Rathod, Additional Commissioner of Police Sanjay Saxena and three Deputy Commissioners of Police - Naval Bajaj, Brijesh Singh and Vishwas Nangre-Patil.
According to her petition, Mumbai University had appointed Salunkhe as examiner for conducting practical examination on March 12, 2005. Before the examination she received a typewritten chart which included the list of all the 15 candidates supposed to attend the examination before her.
To her surprise she found Bishnoi`s name handwritten on the list and, although he had not signed the chart for confirming his appearance, exam scores were marked against his name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read