Maha House congratulates Sachin on his 100th ton
Mumbai: Both houses of the Maharashtra
Legislature Monday congratulated senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar for his 100th century in international cricket.
Tendulkar hit his 100th ton against Bangladesh last
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil and Chairman Shivajirao
Deshmukh moved the resolution congratulating Tendulkar which
was adopted unanimously by thumping of desks.
In the Legislative Assembly, Walse Patil said Tendulkar,
who debuted in international cricket at the age of 16 against
Pakistan in 1989, has created a world record of having the
highest number of centuries against his name throughout his 22
The batsman has been honoured with Arjuna award, Khel
Ratna, Padmashri and Padmavibhushan awards.
He said the demand of honouring the cricket icon with a
Bharat Ratna is pending with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers