Maha House congratulates Sachin on his 100th ton
Mumbai: Both houses of the Maharashtra
Legislature Monday congratulated senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar for his 100th century in international cricket.
Tendulkar hit his 100th ton against Bangladesh last
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil and Chairman Shivajirao
Deshmukh moved the resolution congratulating Tendulkar which
was adopted unanimously by thumping of desks.
In the Legislative Assembly, Walse Patil said Tendulkar,
who debuted in international cricket at the age of 16 against
Pakistan in 1989, has created a world record of having the
highest number of centuries against his name throughout his 22
The batsman has been honoured with Arjuna award, Khel
Ratna, Padmashri and Padmavibhushan awards.
He said the demand of honouring the cricket icon with a
Bharat Ratna is pending with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman