Maha House congratulates Sachin on his 100th ton
Mumbai: Both houses of the Maharashtra
Legislature Monday congratulated senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar for his 100th century in international cricket.
Tendulkar hit his 100th ton against Bangladesh last
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil and Chairman Shivajirao
Deshmukh moved the resolution congratulating Tendulkar which
was adopted unanimously by thumping of desks.
In the Legislative Assembly, Walse Patil said Tendulkar,
who debuted in international cricket at the age of 16 against
Pakistan in 1989, has created a world record of having the
highest number of centuries against his name throughout his 22
The batsman has been honoured with Arjuna award, Khel
Ratna, Padmashri and Padmavibhushan awards.
He said the demand of honouring the cricket icon with a
Bharat Ratna is pending with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price