Maha House congratulates Sachin on his 100th ton
Mumbai: Both houses of the Maharashtra
Legislature Monday congratulated senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar for his 100th century in international cricket.
Tendulkar hit his 100th ton against Bangladesh last
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil and Chairman Shivajirao
Deshmukh moved the resolution congratulating Tendulkar which
was adopted unanimously by thumping of desks.
In the Legislative Assembly, Walse Patil said Tendulkar,
who debuted in international cricket at the age of 16 against
Pakistan in 1989, has created a world record of having the
highest number of centuries against his name throughout his 22
The batsman has been honoured with Arjuna award, Khel
Ratna, Padmashri and Padmavibhushan awards.
He said the demand of honouring the cricket icon with a
Bharat Ratna is pending with the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official