Maha: Infant deserted in medical college premises
Yavatmal: A five-day-old new born girl child was found lying deserted in Yavatmal Government Medical College`s (GMC) premises on Monday evening.
The child was later admitted in to the hospital`s paediatric ward, but the child`s mother is still at large.
According to GMC`s Medical Superintendent Kishor Ingole, a youth heard a child`s scream in the bushes near the hospital mortuary. He was taken aback when he found a new born child lying in the bushes. He then alerted the people in the neighbourhood who rushed to the spot to look at the child.
Meanwhile, the spot child was admitted in ward number 10 at the behest of Kishor Ingole.
"I have reported the matter to the city polcie station and the cops have begun a manhunt to track down the missing mother," Ingole said, adding that nobody turned up to claim the girl child.
Ingole also said that a cloth in which the child was wrapped indicated that it belonged to a Digras-based private maternity home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH