Maha: Infant deserted in medical college premises
Yavatmal: A five-day-old new born girl child was found lying deserted in Yavatmal Government Medical College`s (GMC) premises on Monday evening.
The child was later admitted in to the hospital`s paediatric ward, but the child`s mother is still at large.
According to GMC`s Medical Superintendent Kishor Ingole, a youth heard a child`s scream in the bushes near the hospital mortuary. He was taken aback when he found a new born child lying in the bushes. He then alerted the people in the neighbourhood who rushed to the spot to look at the child.
Meanwhile, the spot child was admitted in ward number 10 at the behest of Kishor Ingole.
"I have reported the matter to the city polcie station and the cops have begun a manhunt to track down the missing mother," Ingole said, adding that nobody turned up to claim the girl child.
Ingole also said that a cloth in which the child was wrapped indicated that it belonged to a Digras-based private maternity home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold
- China: Man rapes housemate, dumps victim in suitcase
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag