Maha: Infant deserted in medical college premises
Yavatmal: A five-day-old new born girl child was found lying deserted in Yavatmal Government Medical College`s (GMC) premises on Monday evening.
The child was later admitted in to the hospital`s paediatric ward, but the child`s mother is still at large.
According to GMC`s Medical Superintendent Kishor Ingole, a youth heard a child`s scream in the bushes near the hospital mortuary. He was taken aback when he found a new born child lying in the bushes. He then alerted the people in the neighbourhood who rushed to the spot to look at the child.
Meanwhile, the spot child was admitted in ward number 10 at the behest of Kishor Ingole.
"I have reported the matter to the city polcie station and the cops have begun a manhunt to track down the missing mother," Ingole said, adding that nobody turned up to claim the girl child.
Ingole also said that a cloth in which the child was wrapped indicated that it belonged to a Digras-based private maternity home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened