‘Maha to give suggestions on Communal riots Bill’
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would give some suggestions to the Centre regarding the proposed Prevention of Communal Violence Bill, state Home Minister RR Patil said here on Monday.
"We would make some suggestions on the proposed Bill, however, some study needs to be done before that....There is a need to sustain the communal harmony in the state," Patil told reporters here.
Patil said that terrorism cannot be related to any religion.
As to Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, he said more information would be provided to the centre.
"The centre needs information on the cases registered against Sanatan and about the accused; it will be provided in the next few days," he said.
Two members of Sanatan Sanstha were convicted by Mumbai court recently for low-intensity blasts in neighbouring Thane and Vashi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city