‘Maha to give suggestions on Communal riots Bill’
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would give some suggestions to the Centre regarding the proposed Prevention of Communal Violence Bill, state Home Minister RR Patil said here on Monday.
"We would make some suggestions on the proposed Bill, however, some study needs to be done before that....There is a need to sustain the communal harmony in the state," Patil told reporters here.
Patil said that terrorism cannot be related to any religion.
As to Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, he said more information would be provided to the centre.
"The centre needs information on the cases registered against Sanatan and about the accused; it will be provided in the next few days," he said.
Two members of Sanatan Sanstha were convicted by Mumbai court recently for low-intensity blasts in neighbouring Thane and Vashi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II