‘Maha to give suggestions on Communal riots Bill’
Mumbai: Maharashtra government would give some suggestions to the Centre regarding the proposed Prevention of Communal Violence Bill, state Home Minister RR Patil said here on Monday.
"We would make some suggestions on the proposed Bill, however, some study needs to be done before that....There is a need to sustain the communal harmony in the state," Patil told reporters here.
Patil said that terrorism cannot be related to any religion.
As to Hindu right-wing organisation Sanatan Sanstha, he said more information would be provided to the centre.
"The centre needs information on the cases registered against Sanatan and about the accused; it will be provided in the next few days," he said.
Two members of Sanatan Sanstha were convicted by Mumbai court recently for low-intensity blasts in neighbouring Thane and Vashi.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success