Maha to start maxi cabs in rural areas: Minister
Mumbai: Maharashtra government is planning to start maxi cabs in rural areas of the state where state transport bus services are not available, state transport minister Gulabrao Deokar has said.
"Improvement needs to be done in the services of state transport buses. We are contemplating whether the maxi cabs can be started in villages where ST service does not reach," Deokar said.
A sub-committee chaired by relief and rehabilitation Minister Patangarao Kadam has been formed which is working out the modalities, he said.
"A presentation in this regard was made to see how maxi cabs services are availed in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Officials of the transport department made a presentation based on the information they collected from these two states," Deokar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?