Maharashtra ATS arrests two alleged Kabir Kala Manch members
Mumbai: Two members of the Pune-based cultural group Kabir Kala Manch (KKM), alleged to be Maoists, were arrested on Tuesday after they surrendered to the police, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) said.
KKM members Ramesh Gaychor and Sagar Gorkhe were apprehended after they surrendered, an ATS official said.
The two have been booked under relevant sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the official said.
A month ago, two KKM members, identified as Sheetal Sathe (27) and Sachin Mali (30), had surrendered outside the state assembly premises.
In a crackdown conducted in April 2011, the ATS had arrested Angela Sontakke (42), an alleged Maoist and wife of Milind Teltumbde, allegedly the secretary of the Communist Party of India-Maoist`s Maharashtra committee, and also recovered Rs 1.54 lakh in her possession from the neighbouring Thane district, while her alleged aide Sushma Ramteke (27) was caught in Pune.
Days later, four more alleged Maoists, Mayur Bhagat alias Jenny (23), Jyoti Chorghe (19) and Anuradha Sonule (23) were nabbed from Pune, while Sonule`s alleged aide Siddharth Bhosale (24) was arrested at Nashik.
Allegedly, Sontakke also worked as secretary of the so-called `Golden Corridor Committee` formed in February 2008 to spread Maoist ideology among students and labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city