Maharashtra ATS arrests two alleged Kabir Kala Manch members
Mumbai: Two members of the Pune-based cultural group Kabir Kala Manch (KKM), alleged to be Maoists, were arrested on Tuesday after they surrendered to the police, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) said.
KKM members Ramesh Gaychor and Sagar Gorkhe were apprehended after they surrendered, an ATS official said.
The two have been booked under relevant sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, the official said.
A month ago, two KKM members, identified as Sheetal Sathe (27) and Sachin Mali (30), had surrendered outside the state assembly premises.
In a crackdown conducted in April 2011, the ATS had arrested Angela Sontakke (42), an alleged Maoist and wife of Milind Teltumbde, allegedly the secretary of the Communist Party of India-Maoist`s Maharashtra committee, and also recovered Rs 1.54 lakh in her possession from the neighbouring Thane district, while her alleged aide Sushma Ramteke (27) was caught in Pune.
Days later, four more alleged Maoists, Mayur Bhagat alias Jenny (23), Jyoti Chorghe (19) and Anuradha Sonule (23) were nabbed from Pune, while Sonule`s alleged aide Siddharth Bhosale (24) was arrested at Nashik.
Allegedly, Sontakke also worked as secretary of the so-called `Golden Corridor Committee` formed in February 2008 to spread Maoist ideology among students and labourers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls