Maharashtra Congress to launch `Vision 2014` for Lok Sabha elections
Mumbai: Gearing up for the Lok Sabha polls, the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Monday said it would launch its program `Vision 2014` at a meeting of the state unit this week.
"We have undertaken a comprehensive programme for the 2014 general elections. The programme, called Vision 2014, will be launched during a meeting of MPCC on August 21," state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre said.
The meeting would be addressed by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, state Industries Minister Narayan Rane, former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, state in-charge of the party Mohan Prakash and general secretaries of the AICC.
"We will also launch `Vachan-purti` (promises fulfilled) conclaves in all the districts," Thakre said, adding that `Vikas rath-yatras` will also be taken out.
The first yatra will be organised on September 21 from Washim in Vidarbha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands