Maharashtra Congress to launch `Vision 2014` for Lok Sabha elections
Mumbai: Gearing up for the Lok Sabha polls, the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Monday said it would launch its program `Vision 2014` at a meeting of the state unit this week.
"We have undertaken a comprehensive programme for the 2014 general elections. The programme, called Vision 2014, will be launched during a meeting of MPCC on August 21," state Congress chief Manikrao Thakre said.
The meeting would be addressed by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, state Industries Minister Narayan Rane, former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, state in-charge of the party Mohan Prakash and general secretaries of the AICC.
"We will also launch `Vachan-purti` (promises fulfilled) conclaves in all the districts," Thakre said, adding that `Vikas rath-yatras` will also be taken out.
The first yatra will be organised on September 21 from Washim in Vidarbha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre