Maharashtra Council polls: All nominations found valid
Mumbai: Nomination papers filed by all the
12 candidates for the biennial election to the Maharashtra
Legislative Council on June 10 have been found valid.
The scrutiny of papers took place today and the
nomination papers of three each candidates of Congress and
NCP, two each of Shiv Sena and BJP, and two independents have
been found valid, Legislature Principal Secretary Anant Kalse,
who is the Returning officer for the election, said.
The presence of two Independent candidates belonging
to the Congress in the fray has made the election a keen
The last date of withdrawal of papers is June 3.
The important candidates in fray are Sanjay Dutt,
Hussain Dalwai and Dipti Chaudhary (Congress), Ramraje Naik
Nimbalkar, Vinayak Mete, Prakash Binsale (NCP), Shobha
Phadanvis, Dhananjay Munde (BJP) and Diwakar Raote, Anil Parab
The 288 elected members of the Legislative Assembly
form the electoral college for the biennial election to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary