Maharashtra: Shiv Sena councillor shot dead
Thane: A Shiv Sena councillor from Ambernath
here was shot dead by unidentified persons, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last evening, when three
motorcycle-borne persons fired at Nitin Waringe from point
blank range, at a construction site, they said.
Three bullets hit the Ambernath municipal councillor,
who died on his way to a hospital, police said.
Police suspect old enmity as the reason behind the
murder. No arrests have been made in the case and further
investigation are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam