Malegaon accused challenges NIA custody order
Mumbai: Malegaon blast accused Lokesh Sharma,
on Wednesday approached the Bombay High Court challenging a special
court`s order remanding him in the custody of National
"NIA has not even shown to have formally arrested Lokesh
in the Malegaon case... then how can they take his custody and
question him. He (Lokesh) is being tortured at the NIA
headquarters in Delhi where he is lodged. The agency is trying
to forcibly take his confession," Lokesh`s lawyer Ganesh
Sovani argued before the court.
A division bench of Justices V M Kanade and P D Kode has
posted the matter for hearing on March 7.
The NIA had taken Lokesh`s custody from the Panchkula
court, where he was in judicial custody in connection with the
Samjhauta train bombing case, and produced him before special
MCOCA court here on February 27. Lokesh was then remanded in
NIA custody till March 9.
The agency had sought Lokesh`s custody to question him
in connection with the September 29, 2008 Malegaon blast in
which six people were killed.
Sharma, a close associate of Sunil Joshi (the suspected
`mastermind` behind the blasts who was later murdered),
allegedly also planted a bomb on Samjhauta Express.
The name of Lokesh, who hails from Indore, had cropped
up in Ajmer and Mecca Masjid blasts of Hyderabad. He was
arrested on June 17, 2010 for the Ajmer blasts and on June 18,
2011 for Samjhauta blasts where the probe agency alleged that
he was also one of the suspects who planted the bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow