Man abducts estranged wife, leaves 100 cuts on her body
Mumbai: A 23-year-old history-sheeter has been arrested for allegedly abducting and torturing his estranged wife for nine days and leaving nearly 100 cuts on her body with a razor blade, police said.
The 21-year-old victim managed to escape from the clutches of the accused and lodged a complaint at Mulund police station last week, police added.
Following the complaint, accused Bazzu Uzaman Akbar Badshah alias Pasha was arrested under sections 323 (hurt), 324 (hurt by dangerous weapons), 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage), 387 (putting person in fear of death or of grievous hurt, in order to commit extortion), 34 of the Indian Penal Code and sections three and 25 of the Arms Act.
Bazzu confessed that his father is an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case and he himself had 16 criminal cases registered against him in various police stations in the city, said an officer at Mulund police station.
According to police, Bazzu is a resident of Adamjee Jivajee Chawl in Sewri, while the victim lives in suburban Mulund.
Bazzu, who introduced himself as a businessman, befriended the girl on Facebook in February, following which they got married at the Bandra family court, police said.
Days after their marriage, Bazzu began forcing her to
change her religion and abused her, besides beating her for trivial reasons.
Realising that she was cheated, the girl registered a non-cognizable report at Mulund police station and got divorced as per the religion followed by Bazzu, they were yet to get a divorce in a court of law, police said.
After a few days, Bazzu began pursuing her to reconcile and requested her to stay with him. However, the girl refused.
On June 17, when the victim was on her way to a mall, Bazzu abducted her and took her to his residence in Sewri, where he held the girl captive for days, police said.
The accused hit her and slashed her face, neck and arms using a razor blade, leaving about 100 external injuries on her skin, they added.
On June 26, the girl managed to escape from the accused`s house and registered a FIR against Bazzu on July 3 after she recovered slightly. The accused was subsequently arrested and further probe is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray