Mantralaya fire: Statements of 50 witnesses record
Mumbai: City police, investigating last week`s major fire at Mantralaya on Monday claimed to have made a substantial progress in the probe and recorded statements of 50 witnesses in this connection so far.
"We have made a substantial progress in the case and statements of 50 persons including the injured, the Mantralaya staff and private electricity maintenance people, were recorded," Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
The crime branch was also seeking electrical engineers` help to understand how the fire spread, another officer said.
"The switch rack on the fourth floor, from where fire started, is being examined by the forensic experts. The process to retrieve the CCTV footages is also underway," he added.
The fire broke out exactly at 2.37 pm on the fateful day, police said adding that they did not come across any contradictory statements so far.
A huge fire had broken out at Mantralaya on Thursday, gutting large parts of the 7-storey building including offices of several ministers and claimed five lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan