Mantralaya fire: Statements of 50 witnesses record
Mumbai: City police, investigating last week`s major fire at Mantralaya on Monday claimed to have made a substantial progress in the probe and recorded statements of 50 witnesses in this connection so far.
"We have made a substantial progress in the case and statements of 50 persons including the injured, the Mantralaya staff and private electricity maintenance people, were recorded," Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
The crime branch was also seeking electrical engineers` help to understand how the fire spread, another officer said.
"The switch rack on the fourth floor, from where fire started, is being examined by the forensic experts. The process to retrieve the CCTV footages is also underway," he added.
The fire broke out exactly at 2.37 pm on the fateful day, police said adding that they did not come across any contradictory statements so far.
A huge fire had broken out at Mantralaya on Thursday, gutting large parts of the 7-storey building including offices of several ministers and claimed five lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- Harbhajan Singh to sponsor kit for disabled cricketers of India
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in
- Afghan President calls for joint action against terrorism, condemns Istanbul attack