Mantralaya fire: Statements of 50 witnesses record
Mumbai: City police, investigating last week`s major fire at Mantralaya on Monday claimed to have made a substantial progress in the probe and recorded statements of 50 witnesses in this connection so far.
"We have made a substantial progress in the case and statements of 50 persons including the injured, the Mantralaya staff and private electricity maintenance people, were recorded," Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Himanshu Roy said.
The crime branch was also seeking electrical engineers` help to understand how the fire spread, another officer said.
"The switch rack on the fourth floor, from where fire started, is being examined by the forensic experts. The process to retrieve the CCTV footages is also underway," he added.
The fire broke out exactly at 2.37 pm on the fateful day, police said adding that they did not come across any contradictory statements so far.
A huge fire had broken out at Mantralaya on Thursday, gutting large parts of the 7-storey building including offices of several ministers and claimed five lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons