Marathi poet Grace passes away
Pune: Eminent Marathi poet Manik Godghate alias "Grace" died today in a city hospital after a prolonged battle with cancer.
Known for his trend setting poetry which depicted pathos in human life with a mystical element, Godghat (75) who wrote with the pen name `Grace`, won many awards for his literature that also included collections of free flowing individualistic
He won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi award last year for his book `Varyane halte raan`.
Acclaimed for his experimentation with poetic form, Grace was considered a path-breaking Marathi poet of his times. His collections of poems included `Sandhyakalchya Kavita`, `Rajputra and Darling`, ’Sanjbhayachay saajani` and
The other works of Grace in prose form included `Churchbell` and `Mitva`. The poet, who hailed from Nagpur, worked as a college lecturer in that city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon