Marathi poet Grace passes away
Pune: Eminent Marathi poet Manik Godghate alias "Grace" died today in a city hospital after a prolonged battle with cancer.
Known for his trend setting poetry which depicted pathos in human life with a mystical element, Godghat (75) who wrote with the pen name `Grace`, won many awards for his literature that also included collections of free flowing individualistic
He won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi award last year for his book `Varyane halte raan`.
Acclaimed for his experimentation with poetic form, Grace was considered a path-breaking Marathi poet of his times. His collections of poems included `Sandhyakalchya Kavita`, `Rajputra and Darling`, ’Sanjbhayachay saajani` and
The other works of Grace in prose form included `Churchbell` and `Mitva`. The poet, who hailed from Nagpur, worked as a college lecturer in that city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends