MNS opposes release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Local MNS MLA Nitin Bhosle has warned against releasing water from Gangapur dam to Marathwada region citing insufficient stock.
Gangapur dam is filled only 85 percent to its capacity. Moreover there is reservation in release of water for industries, drinking purpose and for thermal power station.
“We will stage MNS style agitation if water is released," Bhosle said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation last week cancelled the 50 percent water-cut imposed in the city after deficient rainfall.
Shiv Sena MLA from Kopargaon in Ahmednagar district Ashokrao Kale has also opposed release of water to Marathwada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state