MNS opposes release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Local MNS MLA Nitin Bhosle has warned against releasing water from Gangapur dam to Marathwada region citing insufficient stock.
Gangapur dam is filled only 85 percent to its capacity. Moreover there is reservation in release of water for industries, drinking purpose and for thermal power station.
“We will stage MNS style agitation if water is released," Bhosle said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation last week cancelled the 50 percent water-cut imposed in the city after deficient rainfall.
Shiv Sena MLA from Kopargaon in Ahmednagar district Ashokrao Kale has also opposed release of water to Marathwada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested