MNS opposes release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Local MNS MLA Nitin Bhosle has warned against releasing water from Gangapur dam to Marathwada region citing insufficient stock.
Gangapur dam is filled only 85 percent to its capacity. Moreover there is reservation in release of water for industries, drinking purpose and for thermal power station.
“We will stage MNS style agitation if water is released," Bhosle said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation last week cancelled the 50 percent water-cut imposed in the city after deficient rainfall.
Shiv Sena MLA from Kopargaon in Ahmednagar district Ashokrao Kale has also opposed release of water to Marathwada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi