MNS opposes release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Local MNS MLA Nitin Bhosle has warned against releasing water from Gangapur dam to Marathwada region citing insufficient stock.
Gangapur dam is filled only 85 percent to its capacity. Moreover there is reservation in release of water for industries, drinking purpose and for thermal power station.
“We will stage MNS style agitation if water is released," Bhosle said.
Nashik Municipal Corporation last week cancelled the 50 percent water-cut imposed in the city after deficient rainfall.
Shiv Sena MLA from Kopargaon in Ahmednagar district Ashokrao Kale has also opposed release of water to Marathwada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray