MNS workers, Raj`s wife head towards Pune without paying toll
Mumbai: Daring the Maharashtra government to take action against them, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena workers and supporters headed towards Pune, from the city and its suburbs on Sunday, without paying toll, to attend a public meeting to be addressed by their leader Raj Thackeray.
Among those who did not pay the toll was Raj`s wife Sharmila Thackeray, who urged people to participate in the agitation against toll launched by the MNS chief.
"We have stopped paying toll. We have not paid toll this time too. Until the government does not give us an account, we will not pay toll," Sharmila, who went past the Khalapur toll booth in Raigad district without paying toll, said.
Urging people to defy the government by "breaking rules", she said that people should show the courage to seek information. "An agitation intensifies only after people participate in it," she said.
Several other MNS workers were also seen not paying toll at various toll booths.
A few days ago, Raj had asked his followers not to pay toll, after which his party workers went on a rampage and vandalised several toll booths in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Aurangabad and Nagpur.
Two cases were also registered against Raj Thackeray for inciting violence, but he was not arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof