MNS workers too have faced rape accusations: Maha Cong
Mumbai: Hitting back at MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his latest diatribe against Bihari migrants in connection with the Delhi gang-rape, Congress on Sunday said even MNS workers were known to be involved in rape.
"Instead of blaming a particular state, Thackeray should have control over his partymen, so that it helps government in curbing crime in Maharashtra," Maharashtra PCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
Sawant said Raj`s statement reflected a "shallow mentality".
"Last month an MNS worker was arrested in suburban Vikhroli for raping a minor. In 2009, four MNS workers were arrested for a gang-rape of 13-year-old girl in Andheri," Sawant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi