MNS workers too have faced rape accusations: Maha Cong
Mumbai: Hitting back at MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his latest diatribe against Bihari migrants in connection with the Delhi gang-rape, Congress on Sunday said even MNS workers were known to be involved in rape.
"Instead of blaming a particular state, Thackeray should have control over his partymen, so that it helps government in curbing crime in Maharashtra," Maharashtra PCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
Sawant said Raj`s statement reflected a "shallow mentality".
"Last month an MNS worker was arrested in suburban Vikhroli for raping a minor. In 2009, four MNS workers were arrested for a gang-rape of 13-year-old girl in Andheri," Sawant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional