MNS workers too have faced rape accusations: Maha Cong
Mumbai: Hitting back at MNS chief Raj Thackeray for his latest diatribe against Bihari migrants in connection with the Delhi gang-rape, Congress on Sunday said even MNS workers were known to be involved in rape.
"Instead of blaming a particular state, Thackeray should have control over his partymen, so that it helps government in curbing crime in Maharashtra," Maharashtra PCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a press release.
Sawant said Raj`s statement reflected a "shallow mentality".
"Last month an MNS worker was arrested in suburban Vikhroli for raping a minor. In 2009, four MNS workers were arrested for a gang-rape of 13-year-old girl in Andheri," Sawant alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof