Mumbai airport to screen passengers from Ebola-hit Liberia
Mumbai: Elaborate precautionary arrangements have been put in place at the Mumbai Airport here to screen the 112 stranded Indians, who are expected to arrive tomorrow by various flights from and around the Ebola-hit Liberia, authorities said here on Monday.
"As part of the tentative plan, the aircraft will be first taken to a remote bay and all passengers will be screened at the step-ladder exit after the arrival of flights at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA)," Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL) said here.
Besides, while the passengers without any symptoms will be cleared and shifted to terminal for immigration and customs clearance, those coming from Liberia with symptoms suggestive of EVD, will be directly shifted to designated hospital in ambulance from the bay, it said.
According to MIAL, Ethiopian Airline, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Jet and South African Airways are flying these passengers to Mumbai.
Some of these passengers will first arrive in Delhi and then come to Mumbai by domestic airlines flight, MIAL said.
Mial also said the baggage of the flights need to be kept separate by the concerned airline in their custody, adding disinfection of the flight will be carried out once all passengers would be deboarded.
Flights will be allowed to board next passengers only after thirty minutes of disinfection, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Brexit shock: Tata Motors' stock nosedives; JLR discounts any worries
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State