Mumbai: More fast locals, 15-car rakes on CR
Mumbai: As part of its efforts to make travel faster and more comfortable on its suburban network, the Central Railway will introduce 15-car services and increase the number of fast locals from 206 to 233 on the main line.
The changes will come in force from October 15 with the introduction of the new suburban timetable, a newspaper reported on Thursday. In total, the number of services on main line will increase from 785 to 803.
16 services will be1 5-car rakes and they will run on the fast corridor between CST and Kalyan stations. In total, number of fast services will go up by nearly 30%.
The additional three coaches in the 15-car rake will be reserved for first class (ladies), second class (ladies) and the third coach for first class (general) and second class (general). A section has also been provided for disabled commuters.
For commuters travelling on semi-fast services, 18 new services will run on the slow corridor, including two new services from from Kurla to Titwala and Thane to Badlapur and Ambarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police