Mumbai: More fast locals, 15-car rakes on CR
Mumbai: As part of its efforts to make travel faster and more comfortable on its suburban network, the Central Railway will introduce 15-car services and increase the number of fast locals from 206 to 233 on the main line.
The changes will come in force from October 15 with the introduction of the new suburban timetable, a newspaper reported on Thursday. In total, the number of services on main line will increase from 785 to 803.
16 services will be1 5-car rakes and they will run on the fast corridor between CST and Kalyan stations. In total, number of fast services will go up by nearly 30%.
The additional three coaches in the 15-car rake will be reserved for first class (ladies), second class (ladies) and the third coach for first class (general) and second class (general). A section has also been provided for disabled commuters.
For commuters travelling on semi-fast services, 18 new services will run on the slow corridor, including two new services from from Kurla to Titwala and Thane to Badlapur and Ambarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi