Mumbai’s monorail to become operational from August
Mumbai: India`s first monorail successfully ran in Mumbai, covering approximately a distance of four kilometres from Wadala depot to Mysore colony on Saturday, and is set to become fully operational from August.
Talking to the reporters, Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA) commissioner Rahul Asthana said that the test run was successful.
“This was a successful trial, we will conduct more trial runs after this and we will be able to start the monorail by August. The fares of the rail are between Rs 8 to 20, as per the number of kilometres,” said Asthana.
“The monorail is not only a point A to B transportation; it is also a feeder service for metro rail and has interchange points accordingly. We hope that the people who travel long distance through metro or other modes of transport, this feeder service will be of great help,” said Asthana.
The monorail can run at a maximum speed of 80 to 90 km per hour.
The monorail project was started in November 2008 and the Mumbai`s Monorail project is the first of its kind in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you