Munde seeks to know why Pawar not contesting upcoming LS polls
Beed: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Monday sought to know why Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar decided not to contest the Lok Sabha polls this time, when the UPA was facing difficult times.
"Pawar took a decision to contest the Rajya Sabha polls instead of working with Congress when the UPA is in difficult situation," Munde told reporters at a press conference here today.
"When Rahul Gandhi has taken up a bigger role in Congress, Pawar should remain part of UPA and work with party president Sonia Gandhi. However, he has gone to Rajya Sabha. The NCP leader should explain why he has taken this decision," Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha said.
"We have prepared a charge-sheet called the `Dark Decade of UPA`, in which we have listed UPA`s performance in last ten years. Inflation, corruption are the main issue we have mentioned in the charge-sheet," he said.
Munde also targeted Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for declaring load-shedding free Maharashtra earlier. "Why did Pawar make false claims when loadshedding still exists in Beed and some other parts of Maharashtra," he said.
The BJP leader announced that RPI will be made a member of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
On February 16, a rally of "mahayuti" (mega alliance of Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI) has been organised in Beed.
Shiv-Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, MP Ramdas Athawale, MLA Raju Shetti, BJP Maharashtra unit chief Devendra Fadanvis will be present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what