Munde seeks to know why Pawar not contesting upcoming LS polls
Beed: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Monday sought to know why Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar decided not to contest the Lok Sabha polls this time, when the UPA was facing difficult times.
"Pawar took a decision to contest the Rajya Sabha polls instead of working with Congress when the UPA is in difficult situation," Munde told reporters at a press conference here today.
"When Rahul Gandhi has taken up a bigger role in Congress, Pawar should remain part of UPA and work with party president Sonia Gandhi. However, he has gone to Rajya Sabha. The NCP leader should explain why he has taken this decision," Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha said.
"We have prepared a charge-sheet called the `Dark Decade of UPA`, in which we have listed UPA`s performance in last ten years. Inflation, corruption are the main issue we have mentioned in the charge-sheet," he said.
Munde also targeted Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar for declaring load-shedding free Maharashtra earlier. "Why did Pawar make false claims when loadshedding still exists in Beed and some other parts of Maharashtra," he said.
The BJP leader announced that RPI will be made a member of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
On February 16, a rally of "mahayuti" (mega alliance of Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI) has been organised in Beed.
Shiv-Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, MP Ramdas Athawale, MLA Raju Shetti, BJP Maharashtra unit chief Devendra Fadanvis will be present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today