MUTP projects to be expedited, says Sunil Tatkare
Mumbai: As part of its efforts to make
Mumbai a city of international standards, Maharashtra
Government has focused on expediting works under the Rs 8,550
crore Mumbai Urban Transport Project, Finance Minister Sunil
Tatkare said here today.
"Total expenditure of Rs 8,550 crore is expected under
Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) phase and I and II,"
Tatkare said in his budget speech in the Assembly.
Monorail and metro rail projects have been taken up for
quick and reliable transport system, Tatkare said.
"Work on Metro line I connecting Western and Eastern
suburbs is in progress through privatization and the services
would be soon available for citizens," he said.
"Work of line II from Charkop to Mankhurd would start
shortly," he said.
The Government has decided to construct an Interstate Bus
Terminal at Wadala and the work would start this year, Tatkare
Under MUTP, new well-designed local trains have joined in
the services and over 5000 passengers can travel in each local
after completion of the project, he said.
The 176 new locals would be made available on Western and
Central railway, he said.
Metro rail would be made available in Pune and Pimpri-
Chinchwad, considering their rapid growth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!