MUTP projects to be expedited, says Sunil Tatkare
Mumbai: As part of its efforts to make
Mumbai a city of international standards, Maharashtra
Government has focused on expediting works under the Rs 8,550
crore Mumbai Urban Transport Project, Finance Minister Sunil
Tatkare said here today.
"Total expenditure of Rs 8,550 crore is expected under
Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) phase and I and II,"
Tatkare said in his budget speech in the Assembly.
Monorail and metro rail projects have been taken up for
quick and reliable transport system, Tatkare said.
"Work on Metro line I connecting Western and Eastern
suburbs is in progress through privatization and the services
would be soon available for citizens," he said.
"Work of line II from Charkop to Mankhurd would start
shortly," he said.
The Government has decided to construct an Interstate Bus
Terminal at Wadala and the work would start this year, Tatkare
Under MUTP, new well-designed local trains have joined in
the services and over 5000 passengers can travel in each local
after completion of the project, he said.
The 176 new locals would be made available on Western and
Central railway, he said.
Metro rail would be made available in Pune and Pimpri-
Chinchwad, considering their rapid growth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened