Nashik AAP unit sets helpline to net corrupt officials
Nashik: Local unit of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday announced setting up of a helpline with an aim to net bribe-seekers and a 60-member flying squad to help citizens in distress.
"The squad comprises lawyers, RTI activists, social workers and those handling anti-corruption cases. If any government official demands bribe for say issuing ration cards or to get any other work done, people should contact our helpline numbers", said Jitendra Bhave, the convenor of AAP.
The helpline numbers (9823026131 or 9823209131) will be attended by two members who in turn will alert the squad to take appropriate action, he added.
Bhave said the city unit has so far enrolled 30,000 members among whom 15,000 registrations are done online.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report