Nashik AAP unit sets helpline to net corrupt officials
Nashik: Local unit of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday announced setting up of a helpline with an aim to net bribe-seekers and a 60-member flying squad to help citizens in distress.
"The squad comprises lawyers, RTI activists, social workers and those handling anti-corruption cases. If any government official demands bribe for say issuing ration cards or to get any other work done, people should contact our helpline numbers", said Jitendra Bhave, the convenor of AAP.
The helpline numbers (9823026131 or 9823209131) will be attended by two members who in turn will alert the squad to take appropriate action, he added.
Bhave said the city unit has so far enrolled 30,000 members among whom 15,000 registrations are done online.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption