Nashik AAP unit sets helpline to net corrupt officials
Nashik: Local unit of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Tuesday announced setting up of a helpline with an aim to net bribe-seekers and a 60-member flying squad to help citizens in distress.
"The squad comprises lawyers, RTI activists, social workers and those handling anti-corruption cases. If any government official demands bribe for say issuing ration cards or to get any other work done, people should contact our helpline numbers", said Jitendra Bhave, the convenor of AAP.
The helpline numbers (9823026131 or 9823209131) will be attended by two members who in turn will alert the squad to take appropriate action, he added.
Bhave said the city unit has so far enrolled 30,000 members among whom 15,000 registrations are done online.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter