Nashik: Farmers demand release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Thousands of farmers from Niphad and Nashik tehsil towns took out a morcha to the Gangapur dam and squatted in front of Gangapur canal demanding release of water from the dam to Godavari canal.
As many as 65 villages in these tehsils are facing shortage of water for irrigation and drinking purposes.
The agitation, which was launched yesterday by the farmers, was withdrawn after the sub-divisional officer assured to release first rotation today from Gangapur dam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city