Nashik: Farmers demand release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Thousands of farmers from Niphad and Nashik tehsil towns took out a morcha to the Gangapur dam and squatted in front of Gangapur canal demanding release of water from the dam to Godavari canal.
As many as 65 villages in these tehsils are facing shortage of water for irrigation and drinking purposes.
The agitation, which was launched yesterday by the farmers, was withdrawn after the sub-divisional officer assured to release first rotation today from Gangapur dam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani