Nashik: Farmers demand release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Thousands of farmers from Niphad and Nashik tehsil towns took out a morcha to the Gangapur dam and squatted in front of Gangapur canal demanding release of water from the dam to Godavari canal.
As many as 65 villages in these tehsils are facing shortage of water for irrigation and drinking purposes.
The agitation, which was launched yesterday by the farmers, was withdrawn after the sub-divisional officer assured to release first rotation today from Gangapur dam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!