Nashik: Farmers demand release of water from Gangapur dam
Nashik: Thousands of farmers from Niphad and Nashik tehsil towns took out a morcha to the Gangapur dam and squatted in front of Gangapur canal demanding release of water from the dam to Godavari canal.
As many as 65 villages in these tehsils are facing shortage of water for irrigation and drinking purposes.
The agitation, which was launched yesterday by the farmers, was withdrawn after the sub-divisional officer assured to release first rotation today from Gangapur dam, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!