Naxals ambush CRPF patrol in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli (Maharashtra): Naxalites on Tuesday ambushed a CRPF patrol party by exploding a dozen IEDs near the Maharashtra-Chhattisgarh border in the district.
The encounter, the third between security forces and Maoists in the last fortnight here, saw heavy exchange of fire between the two sides and the forces suspect some causalities on the Naxals side.
No causalities have been reported on the side of security forces, security sources said.
The encounter took place around 7:30 am in the Lehri forests of the district which is also the entrance to the Abujhmad area in Chhattisgarh, a Naxal stronghold.
The CRPF, which has deployed 6,000 personnel in the district for anti-Naxal operations, has rushed reinforcements to the area even as senior officials are monitoring the situation, the sources said.
The encounter comes during the People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) week being observed by the Naxals. The Union Home Ministry has asked the security forces to remain vigilant during this period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24