Naxals ambush CRPF patrol in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli (Maharashtra): Naxalites on Tuesday ambushed a CRPF patrol party by exploding a dozen IEDs near the Maharashtra-Chhattisgarh border in the district.
The encounter, the third between security forces and Maoists in the last fortnight here, saw heavy exchange of fire between the two sides and the forces suspect some causalities on the Naxals side.
No causalities have been reported on the side of security forces, security sources said.
The encounter took place around 7:30 am in the Lehri forests of the district which is also the entrance to the Abujhmad area in Chhattisgarh, a Naxal stronghold.
The CRPF, which has deployed 6,000 personnel in the district for anti-Naxal operations, has rushed reinforcements to the area even as senior officials are monitoring the situation, the sources said.
The encounter comes during the People`s Liberation Guerrilla Army (PLGA) week being observed by the Naxals. The Union Home Ministry has asked the security forces to remain vigilant during this period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000