Nitin Gadkari indisposed, discontinues tour in Vidarbha
Nagpur: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari fell ill on Friday while on a tour of western Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and has to return to the city.
Gadkari was in the region as a part of the BJP`s `Parivartan Yatra` and addressed a public meeting at Mangrulpir in Washim district today.
But, later, he felt uneasy and his sugar-level was found to have shot up, said his personal assistant Sudhir Deolgaonkar.
He then cancelled visit to Chikhali in Buldhana district and preferred to return here by a helicopter and was immediately attended by doctors.
He was now stable and had been advised rest. As he had set out for Mangrulpir immediately after returning from Delhi early morning, it may have caused him fatigue, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'