Nitin Gadkari indisposed, discontinues tour in Vidarbha
Nagpur: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari fell ill on Friday while on a tour of western Vidarbha region of Maharashtra and has to return to the city.
Gadkari was in the region as a part of the BJP`s `Parivartan Yatra` and addressed a public meeting at Mangrulpir in Washim district today.
But, later, he felt uneasy and his sugar-level was found to have shot up, said his personal assistant Sudhir Deolgaonkar.
He then cancelled visit to Chikhali in Buldhana district and preferred to return here by a helicopter and was immediately attended by doctors.
He was now stable and had been advised rest. As he had set out for Mangrulpir immediately after returning from Delhi early morning, it may have caused him fatigue, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal