No decision yet on Mumbai Police Commissioner: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said no decision had been taken on the proposal to transfer Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik.
Talking to reporters here late this evening, Chavan said his office had received state Home Department`s proposal to transfer Patnaik, but "no decision has been taken as yet".
Patnaik is under fire for the handling of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan here during a rally organised by city-based Raza Academy and other outfits to protest incidents in Assam and Myanmar. Several policemen were injured in the melee.
The Home department, headed by NCP`s R R Patil, submitted the proposal to shunt out Patnaik four days ago, according to sources.
Opposition Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) have demanded Patnaik`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi