No decision yet on Mumbai Police Commissioner: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said no decision had been taken on the proposal to transfer Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik.
Talking to reporters here late this evening, Chavan said his office had received state Home Department`s proposal to transfer Patnaik, but "no decision has been taken as yet".
Patnaik is under fire for the handling of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan here during a rally organised by city-based Raza Academy and other outfits to protest incidents in Assam and Myanmar. Several policemen were injured in the melee.
The Home department, headed by NCP`s R R Patil, submitted the proposal to shunt out Patnaik four days ago, according to sources.
Opposition Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) have demanded Patnaik`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena