No decision yet on Mumbai Police Commissioner: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said no decision had been taken on the proposal to transfer Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik.
Talking to reporters here late this evening, Chavan said his office had received state Home Department`s proposal to transfer Patnaik, but "no decision has been taken as yet".
Patnaik is under fire for the handling of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan here during a rally organised by city-based Raza Academy and other outfits to protest incidents in Assam and Myanmar. Several policemen were injured in the melee.
The Home department, headed by NCP`s R R Patil, submitted the proposal to shunt out Patnaik four days ago, according to sources.
Opposition Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) have demanded Patnaik`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?