No decision yet on Mumbai Police Commissioner: Maharashtra CM
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Wednesday said no decision had been taken on the proposal to transfer Mumbai Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik.
Talking to reporters here late this evening, Chavan said his office had received state Home Department`s proposal to transfer Patnaik, but "no decision has been taken as yet".
Patnaik is under fire for the handling of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan here during a rally organised by city-based Raza Academy and other outfits to protest incidents in Assam and Myanmar. Several policemen were injured in the melee.
The Home department, headed by NCP`s R R Patil, submitted the proposal to shunt out Patnaik four days ago, according to sources.
Opposition Shiv Sena and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) have demanded Patnaik`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof