No headway yet in Bhandara rape case

Last Updated: Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 16:40

Zeenews Bureau

Bhandara: Over a week after three minor sisters were allegedly kidnapped, raped and murdered at Murwadi village in Bhandara district of Maharashtra, the police have failed to provide any answers in the case.

Addressing a press conference here, Javed Ahmed, Additional DG, Maharashtra, said that “the probe was underway and as of now, all avenues are open”.

“Each and everyone who can be a suspect is under our scanner,” Ahmed added.

The Additional DG said initial leads could not provide any headway in the case and that they have got new leads today and yesterday.

Many people have been questioned in the case so far, he further stated.

The bodies of the girls, all below 11 years and missing since February 14, were found in a well in their native village on February 16. A complaint in this regard was lodged by their family on February 17.

The girls’ mother has blamed the police for carrying out a lethargic probe and acting late in the matter.

Though the police initially registered a case of accidental death, the post-mortem conducted on Monday at Bhandara confirmed sexual abuse and murder, police said, adding the case was registered under relevant sections of the IPC against unidentified persons.

Irate villagers had on Tuesday staged a protest against the ghastly incident and blocked traffic for some time. They also blocked the Nagpur-Raipur Road for four hours yesterday.



First Published: Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 16:40

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus