No headway yet in Bhandara rape case
Bhandara: Over a week after three minor sisters were allegedly kidnapped, raped and murdered at Murwadi village in Bhandara district of Maharashtra, the police have failed to provide any answers in the case.
Addressing a press conference here, Javed Ahmed, Additional DG, Maharashtra, said that “the probe was underway and as of now, all avenues are open”.
“Each and everyone who can be a suspect is under our scanner,” Ahmed added.
The Additional DG said initial leads could not provide any headway in the case and that they have got new leads today and yesterday.
Many people have been questioned in the case so far, he further stated.
The bodies of the girls, all below 11 years and missing since February 14, were found in a well in their native village on February 16. A complaint in this regard was lodged by their family on February 17.
The girls’ mother has blamed the police for carrying out a lethargic probe and acting late in the matter.
Though the police initially registered a case of accidental death, the post-mortem conducted on Monday at Bhandara confirmed sexual abuse and murder, police said, adding the case was registered under relevant sections of the IPC against unidentified persons.
Irate villagers had on Tuesday staged a protest against the ghastly incident and blocked traffic for some time. They also blocked the Nagpur-Raipur Road for four hours yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown