No re-investigation conducted in 2006 Malegaon blasts: NIA
Mumbai: National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday told a special MCOCA court that it has not conducted fresh investigation into the 2006 Malegaon blasts case "as it can only be done as per the directions of higher judiciary".
"It is a settled law. The re-investigation or fresh investigation can be done only as per the directions of higher judiciary," the NIA said, adding that it had only conducted "further investigation" into the case.
The agency filed its reply after Dhan Singh, one of the accused arrested in the 2006 blasts case, had moved an application in the court last month saying that further investigation done by NIA is totally "illegal".
The accused had sought that the investigation carried out by the NIA be declared as "illegal".
The accused had sought to know why and under whose directions the NIA had carried out an investigation, wherein they found the complicity of four accused, suspected to be members of a right wing extremist group.
"Whatever has been done by NIA, under the guise of further investigation is totally bad in law and hence the material collected by NIA has no legal sanctity," the application filed by him last month said.
"NIA is not a super agency which supersedes the earlier investigation (carried out by ATS and CBI) and all that is stated by NIA cannot be said to be above suspicion," it said.
The NIA, in its reply to his application, in which he had sought court`s permission to hear him during the hearing of the discharge applications filed by two accused - Mohammad Ali Alam Sheikh and Asif Khan Bashir Khan, said the accused had no locus standi in discharge applications filed by other accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in